Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Arabian Lux may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Arabian Lux’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use additional information for financial transactions
- If you apply for a position at Arabian Lux or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Arabian Lux, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Arabian Lux services
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Arabian Lux may use this information in our marketing services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Arabian Lux website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Arabian Lux shares personal information with companies who provide essential services to us. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Arabian Lux operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Arabian Lux to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Arabian Lux takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Weprotect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Arabian Lux, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Arabian Lux services such as public forums, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Arabian Lux may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our services may also use or offer products or services from third parties
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Arabian Lux employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.